This course is ideal for restaurateurs who want to learn the art of Neapolitan pizza making. Originally created in Naples, this flatbread course is brought to life with the full zest and cultural know-how of our Neapolitan pizza masters, exclusively for our students. This informative, interactive, & hands-on course includes innovative techniques, coaching tips, dos and don’ts, and discussion on how to attract diners to fresh Neapolitan flavours.
The recent popularity of this pizza has resulted in restaurants popping up in every neighborhood across North America and Europe. Traditionally baked in a wood burning oven, the dough is stretched using the "slap" method and topped with simple fresh ingredients.
The Neapolitan Pizza Making Course is open to everybody, however it is designed for people that are either interested in opening their own Neapolitan pizzeria, or adding Neapolitan pizza to their restaurants existing menu. Beyond learning how to make the pizza, this course will educate students on planning their restaurant, how to use equipment and more!
Learn Practical Techniques Including How To:
- Make soft & moist Neapolitan pizza dough.
- Divide & round the pizza dough.
- Stretch the dough using the traditional Neapolitan “Slap”.
- Top the pizza with traditional and new & trendy Italian pizza toppings.
- Learn how wood selection can impact food flavours.
Gain Theoretical Knowledge On:
- How temperature affects the dough.
- How equipment choice & layout effects productivity.
- The importance of levitation, fermentation & how they effect healthiness & flavour.
One Day Course - 11:00am - 4:00pm
- General Course Information
Join us for this informative and hands-on course. We promise hours of food, fun and fantastic pizza making techniques. At the end the course, you'll be a knowledgeable and confident pizza maker!
All students will receive a School of Italian Pizza course T-shirt, instructional booklet and certificate of completion to show that you're an S.O.I.P. graduate!
Learn practical techniques including how to:
- How to make the pizza dough, and how hydration effects it.
- Portion, shape and fold pizza buns for perfect levitation
- Stretch the dough for the courses specific type of pizza.
- Use and maintain the oven
- Top and present the pizza with new and trendy Italian inspired pizza toppings
Gain theoretical knowledge on:
- Choosing the flour, distinguishing between 0, 00 & whole wheat flour
- The importance of levitation, fermentation and how they effect healthiness and flavor
- How temperature affects the dough
- How equipment choice and layout effects productivity.